Monday, August 31, 2009

Teenage Lobotomy

Lobotomy, lobotomy, lobotomy, lobotomy!
DDT did a job on me
Now I am a real sickie
Guess I'll have to break the news
That I got no mind to lose
All the girls are in love with me
I'm a teenage lobotomy

Slugs and snails are after me
DDT keeps me happy
Now I guess I'll have to tell 'em
That I got no cerebellum
Gonna get my Ph.D.
I'm a teenage lobotomy 

~lyrics to Teenage Lobotomy by The Ramones


Lobotomy, from the Greek work lobostomos literally translate to slicing the lobe of the brain. It is used in the 1930s to 1950s to treat disorders such as clinical depression, anxiety disorders and schizophrenia [source: Wikipedia]. 
If I were alive circa 1930s-1950s, I might've been a prime candidate for a lobotomy...I suffer from schizorphrenia, you see. I have split personalities. Sometimes I am Jimmy Foo, sometimes I am Gerrard Lim.

Jimmy Foo is very, very busy at work. I guess you guys can tell by the frequency of his blog posts. However, Gerrard Lim is quite free, he is a college student after all. Therefore, Gerrard will fill in for Jimmy whenever Jimmy's busy.
You can follow Gerrard in his very own blog, Gerrard Lim's Liverpool Diary.




Happy reading...

No comments: