Monday, March 9, 2009

Conversations in the Office

After the virus incident, I naturally shared my experience with a few close colleagues. It was great fun, I tell you! For a few days, I felt like a small time celebrity in the office pantry.

During one of my story telling sessions, a colleague of mine, Siti shared her own experience. This allegedly happened a few years ago when she was working in a government organization.

An Ang Moh conslutant wanted to see the Senior Director of her department. He walked up to the Director's secretary (who was sitting accross Siti) and said, "Hi, I am here to see En. Hamid."

"Oh. I am sorry, sir. En. Hamid just past away five minutes ago." replied En. Hamid's secretary with a smile.

You can imagine the shock that registered on this consultant's face. Before he could say anything though, the secretary chirped in.

"Nevermind, sir. Maybe you sit down and wait. He will be back five minutes."

LOL! Stupid bitch probably meant that En Hamid had just stepped away for five minutes.

Pity the Ang Moh fella. Welcome to Malaysian English. Sigh.

No comments: